Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Facebook Faux Pas...

Today in my inbox, I received a copy of Grand magazine. Inside was an article about Facebook Faux Pas. It is about how grandparents can make some big mistakes on Facebook. 

One such error is over commenting.  Unfortunately, I probably break that rule with our kids, especially our youngest, ALexis.  Since she still lives at home, I frequently comment on her posts.  I guess I will have to refrain from doing it too much.

The virtual smooch is another faux pas. Seriously, I can't believe a virtual kiss or hug can be a problem.  I feel you can never give your kids or grandkids too many XOXOXOs. The magazine's tip is to reread everything you write and when in doubt, don't post. I will be sure to keep that in mind.

Finally, the embarrassing moment might go viral.  This faux pas is one I already know about one. No details...I can't repeat that error again!!  I have learned my lesson the hard way and I won't make that mistake again.

Facebook will be a great place to share special moments and photos, but I will certainly need to control myself in order to keep good relationships with all of my family members.

No comments:

Post a Comment